Hi, Savvy Readers!
Today we’ve pulled a delightfully intriguing book from our vault with the new paperback release of The Radleys by Matt Haig. Here are ten reasons to read (or re-read) it.
1. Forget your typical, cliché vampire novel. The Radleys is the perfect combination of wit, gore and romance that is too good to put down.
2. Any True Blood or Vampire Diaries fans out there? As the resident TVD enthusiast who’s still on #TeamEric, I promise you, this is just what your vampire loving hearts are looking for.
3. Haig writes in short yet poignant chapters, moving the book along at an exhilarating pace, right up to the last page.
4. Scattered throughout the chapters there are tips and excerpts from the infamous “Abstainers Handbook”, for example:
“If blood is the answer, you are asking the wrong question
– The Abstainers Handbook (second edition), p.101”
5. Chapter titles include, but are not limited to: “Lazy Garlic” “Bela Lugosi” and “When Someone Fell Off a Bicycle in 1983”.
6. Publisher’s Weekly believes that “Haig provides what jaded fans of the Twilight series need”.
7. Matt Haig suffered a breakdown in his early twenties. After battling depression and anxiety for a long time he turned to writing, and he now believes that reading and writing books saved his life. His book Reasons to Stay Alive shares his story, and offers solace to readers living with a mental illness. It’s an inspiring story from such a talented author.
8. Matt Haig also wrote The Humans. This time, Haig writes about an alien who lands on earth and observes humans as he attempts to understand our intricacies. One of its chapters, entitled Advice On Being a Human, is perfect.
9. Speaking of, can we talk about the gorgeous new cover? Because this brand new paperback has a gorgeous new cover. Fans of The Humans should enjoy the similarities with the additional fiery, eye-catching orange.
10. Finally, I must warn you again. This book is an addictive page turner. Haig has perfected this dark, satirical humour in such a clever way that will keep you reading into the wee hours of the morning.
So, to all my fellow vampire loving readers, enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you guys think.
Follow me on Twitter @jodiekeene