This week is a BIG week for Divergent fans! In addition to the Allegiant movie hitting the big screen this weekend, the movie tie-in edition of the bestselling novel is the 50 Book Pledge Featured Read. To celebrate, we’ve decided to take a trip down memory lane and recap ten of our favourite quotes from Allegiant.
1. “It’s strange how a word, a phrase, a sentence, can feel like a blow to the head.”
2. “I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me.”
3. “I don’t need to relive my fears anymore. All I need to do now is try to overcome them.”
4. “She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love…That it should be done from necessity, not without exhausting all other options. That it should be done for people who need your strength because they don’t have enough of their own.”
5. “Change, like healing, takes time.”
6. “He is strong, and lithe, and certain. And he is mine.”
7. “I suppose a fire that burns that bright is not meant to last.”
8. “I don’t belong to Abnegation, or Dauntless, or even the Divergent. I don’t belong to the Bureau or the experiment or the fringe. I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me.”
9. “Can I be forgiven for all I’ve done to get here? I want to be. I can. I believe it.”
10.“We can be mended. We mend each other.”
What are your favourite quotes from Allegiant? Are you super excited to watch the movie this week?? Let us know on Twitter at @HCCFrenzy (and don’t forget to add the novel to your 50 Book Pledge shelf!).