Last night, we participated in Girls’ Night Out Wines‘ inaugural Girls’ Night In Book Club Twitter Chat. The chat was with Kate Hilton, author of The Hole in the Middle (the March/April Girls’ Night In Book Club Pick!). The Hole in the Middle is a laugh-out-loud portrayal of the twin demands of work and family and a fresh take on the hot debate about having it all. In short, it’s the perfect book to curl up with (and then laugh about over wine and snacks with your girlfriends!)
Here are a few things we learned about Kate during the chat…
1. Kate’s favourite book to re-read is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. A classic!
2. To write The Hole in the Middle, Kate Hilton dedicated three hours every Sunday for three years to writing, and only writing. And she’ll never regret it: “Making a little time for creativity every week changed my life… and now I’m on the Globe and Mail bestseller list. Imagine what *you* could do!”
3. Speaking of what you can do, some tweeps asked Kate for writing tips and she shared the following advice:
4. Other’s asked her for advice for young women who are just starting to balance careers and families, and Kate’s answer was wonderful: “Dive in. Embrace it all fully. Don’t imagine how you will feel at some point in the future… but pay close attention to how you feel in the present. Every stage with kids/career is different. I’ve reinvented myself more than once since I had kids and every stage has been amazing.”
5. Kate Hilton is a champion #50BookPledger! When asked how many books she’s read this year, she told us 80!
We thoroughly enjoyed participating in a Girls’ Night In Book Club Chat with Girls’ Night Out Wines and Kate Hilton, these girls are really, really, really funny! Three lucky tweeps were also awarded a Girls’ Night In prize pack, which includes copies of The Hole in the Middle, advanced copies of their oh-so secret next book club pick, and gift certificates from The Ten Spot! Sounds like a fun night in, doesn’t it?
Stay tuned for their May/June Book Club giveaway and chat; they’ll be announcing their next book club pick next month! Which book do you think it will be? Tell us which book you’d like to read and chat about with your girlfriends on Twitter @SavvyReader and @GNO_Wines. Interested in reading The Hole in the Middle? Here are great discussion questions from Kate.