1. I tuned in every week during high school and university to watch Laguna Beach and The Hills for some fun escapist television. It was a little hard saying goodbye to L.C. With the L.A. Candy and Fame Game series, I didn’t really have to.
2. L.A. Candy had me so hooked, I read through it in one sitting. Not bad for a debut YA novel, right?
3. Because of her years a s an MTV reality-star, we got to read all the dishy details about young Hollywood that only an insider could reveal.
4. Lauren Conrad Style and Lauren Conrad Beauty are the ultimate style guides for girls and women of all ages. They’re full of tips on how to create your own individual style without breaking the bank.
5. Lauren’s one of the most fashionable celebs around and her teen books are just as stylish as the star herself.
8. If you’ve watched any of her interviews you know Lauren’s smart, genuine and an all-around great role model for teens─and twentysomethings, and thirtysomethings…
9. She writes about relevant topics ‒friendship, family, romance, ambition‒ in an entertaining and engaging way.
10. On The Hills, Lauren delivered one of my all-time favourite lines that I still hear quoted years later: “Homeboy wore combat boots to the beach. I know you don’t want to call that your boyfriend, I know you don’t,” plus these words to live by: “I have too many good people in my life to try and fit the bad ones in it too.” Her books are full of equally quotable gems.