Without bread, a sandwich is, well, a salad. But for reasons including (but not limited to) personal health choices, weight-loss and allergies, some people prefer a Wheat Free diet (such as the one advocated in Wheat Belly). Well, thank goodness that Wheat Belly‘s follow up, Wheat Belly Cookbook, is now available. More importantly, thank goodness for their section on Sandwiches and Salads that teach you how to cook wheat-free bread, pizza, croutons and more! Below, I’ve shared a recipe of a delicious sandwich you must try!
Open-Faced Beef and Arugula Sandwiches
Total Time: 15 Minutes, Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 slices Basic Focaccia
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 roasted red peppers, patted dry and cut into strips
- 12 ounces sliced cooked steak or roast beef
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, oil, vinegar, and horseradish until blended.
- On each of 4 lunch plates, place 1 slice of focaccia. EVenly divide the arugula, peppers and steak or roast beef among the focaccia. Drizzle with the horserashish sauce.
Simple, wheat-free and delicious! I highly suggest you try it. If you do, share your creations with us on twitter @SavvyReader. For more wheat-free recipes – including their Basic Focaccia – check out Wheat Belly Cookbook.
Recipe from: Wheat Belly Cookbook by William Davis, MD. Copyright © 2012 by William Davis, MD. Published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, by arrangement with Rodale Inc. All rights reserved.