This list was originally featured on Biff Bam Pop!, one of our favourite sites for all things pop culture. Visit them for a chance to win a few of the titles on this list!
Looking for the perfect holiday gift? How about a book! They are easy to find, easy to wrap, and there’s something out there for everyone on your list! Here we’ve found the 10 best gifts for the pop culture fan on your list:
1) Who I Am by Pete Townshend: Townshend, a singer, songwriter, and founding member of The Who, tells his wild stories about life as rock n’ roll legend in this candid and smart autobiography.
2) Marvel Comics: The Untold Story by Sean Howe: Love comics? You are going to love this behind-the-scenes account of the company that brought you X-Men, Spider-Man, the Avengers, and many other classic superheroes. Filled with tales of battles, betrayals, unlikely alliances, rocky beginnings and amazing successes, this book will show you how Marvel Comics became the enterprise it is today.
3) The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt: More quirky little stories and delightful illustrations, collected by actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the hitRECord team. A perfect stocking stuffer!
4) Adventure Time Volume 1 by Ryan North: Love the Adventure Time TV show? Now you can read all about the algebraic adventures of Finn and Jake in comic-book form!
5) Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die by Willie Nelson: Music legend Willie Nelson muses about his life on the road and his unique journey to fame in this deeply personal journal-style memoir.
6) You Gotta Eat Here! By John Catucci: In the TV show, You Gotta Eat Here!, Catucci travels across the country, tasting the best comfort food Canadian restaurants have to offer. In this book, Catucci shares stories from his travels, profiles restaurants across Canada, and includes over 100 recipes featured on the show. Yum!
7) Moranthology by Caitlin Moran: Have you heard of Caitlin Moran? She’s like the British Tina Fey and she is HILARIOUS. Here, Moran voices her opinions on everything from caffeine to twitter to Keith Richards.
8) Streets of Fire: Bruce Springsteen in Photographs and Lyrics 1977-1979 by Eric Meola: Meola shares intimate photographs of the Boss during an important period in his life, right when Born to Run was released. This is a great gift for Springsteen fans!
9) Audrey: The 60’s by David Wills: Isn’t Audrey Hepburn lovely?! Here, Wills gathers together more than 200 photographs of Audrey at the height of her career, perfectly showcasing her legendary style and unique beauty.
10) The History of the World According to Facebook by Wylie Overstreet: In this ridiculously funny book Overstreet imagines what it would be like if historical figures, dinosaurs, God, inventors, and many others had Facebook.
There you have it! 10 pop culture books for the Savvy Reader in your life. Need more suggestions? Tweet to us @SavvyReader!
Happy Holidays, and Happy Reading!