It’s that time of the year again…
HCC MARCH MADNESS!
64 books. 6 rounds. 1 winner.
Last year JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit took the crown. This year, 64 books will compete, and you will decide the winner. You’ll also be entered to win ALL 64 BOOKS!
Yes, you read that right.
ALL 64 BOOKS COULD BE YOURS!
Here’s what you can expect from the 5th Annual HCC March Madness:
1) We’ve combed through the HCC catalogue to find books to appeal to all readers. We have YA, fiction, fantasy, mystery, crime, paranormal, classics, bestsellers… And, for the first time ever, this year we will have a full bracket dedicated to Non-Fiction books! HCC March Madness is getting real this year.
2) Continuing with a tradition we started last year, we’re letting our Facebook fans pick the final book to compete in each bracket. We’ve chosen 60, it’s up to you to chose the rest. Starting on Monday, February 27th you will be able to choose between two books to see which will compete in HCC March Madness.
3) The brackets will be revealed on Monday, March 5th! Here’s where the fun really begins. For those of you not familiar with HCC MM, all 64 titles go head to head, with 32 moving forward to Round 2. Vote and you’ll be entered to win all 64 books! Did we mention that part already? (–> That’s what last year’s winner took home.)
4) But that’s not the only way you can win books!
Want to see your favourite book make it through? Every Monday you will have to chance to pick a title you are ‘championing’ on the Savvy Reader. If your title makes it through to the next round, you’ll be entered to win a prize pack of awesome books. This is your chance to shine, book cheerleaders!
How can you champion your book? Tweet about it with the hashtag #HCCMarchMadness, blog about it, post on Facebook, kindly bully your friends/family/strangers into voting, etc.
5) Have a really creative way to champion an HCC March Madness book? Show us and you could win one of our surprise weekly Spirit Awards! We’ll be watching for those fans that truly go the extra mile cheering for HCC MM.
So, as you can see there are plenty of ways to win this HCC March Madness.
… Curious to see which books will be competing?
Here are a few hints:
1) One you’ve declared a ‘certified’ great read.
2) One is one of the most talked-about teen books of 2011.
3) One is celebrating its’ 60th anniversary this year.
4) One stars one of the great detectives of all time.